1) Where are the courses located in Houston?
Each of the courses listed on the Schedule of Classes & Registration webpage note where it will be located along with a link to a map of the location.
2) What are some of the recommended hotels?
Please refer to this document: Recommended Hotels
3) Which airline do you recommend flying into?
The George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) is the best choice for courses located at the Phoenix Contact – Customer Technology Center and is a good choice for the other course locations as well. However, William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) is closer to both the SIS-TECH Solutions Facilities and the Siemens Facilities and is the better choice for these locations.
4) What time do the courses begin and end?
The courses are scheduled to run from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
5) What is your refund policy?
Refund requests must be received ten (10) working days prior to the start of the course in order to obtain a full refund. After that time, you can only receive a 70% refund.
6) What are my options if I cannot attend the course, but it is within the 10-day grace period and I am not eligible for a full refund?
There are three options available for this situation. 1) You may take a refund of 70% of the course fees, 2) you may request to move your registration to a future course with an equal fee structure with no financial penalty, or 3) you may have a substitute take the course in your place with no financial penalty.
7) Can I pay by credit card?
Yes, our online registration system accepts payments made by Visa, MasterCard, an American Express.
8 ) Can I pay by check?
No, we do not accept checks for Continuing Education short courses.
9) Can I pay by electronic check?
No, we do not accept electronic checks for Continuing Education short courses.
10) Do I get a discount at any of your recommended hotels because I am attending your course?
Unfortunately, we do not have arrangements with any of the recommended hotels to offer course attendees discounts at this time.
11) Do I get Professional Development Hours (PDHs) and/or Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for attending these courses?
Yes, each course has a specified number of PDHs and CEUs based on the length of the course. On the Schedule of Classes & Registration webpage, each course notes how many PDHs and CEUs it is worth.
12) Do I receive a certificate or verification of completion that shows my PDH/CEU achievement?
Yes, after the course is complete, we will send you a certificate of completion showing that you attended the course and received the appropriate amount of PDHs/CEUs. Please allow for a two-week processing period before you can expect to receive your certificate.
13) Are books and class materials included in cost of distance learning courses?
No. The student will need to obtain copies of the books and any other course materials. However, before purchasing, please check with the course instructor or CE coordinator if an updated version of the books are available or required for the course.