Process Safety Engineer – Cetnral Wisconsin
Company serves the pulp and paper, food processing, and agriculture industries throughout the Upper Midwest and Canada.
Position requires someone with very specific experience in process safety.
Ensure that plant is in compliance with process safety management (PSM) practices as defined by the following:
- United States Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) – Process Safety Management (CFR.1910.119)
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) – Risk Management Program (EPA)
- Responsible Care Codes of Practice – as specified by the American Chemical Council (ACC)
- Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS) – a division of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- This position will work in collaboration with the plant Safety & Health Manager and the corporate Sr. Process Safety Engineer.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate the overall plant Process Safety Management (PSM) program.
- Develop, update, and implement plant PSM procedures.
- Maintain and coordinate the process safety information for the plant.
- Identify and ensure compliance with recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices (RAGAGEP), which are related to process safety.
- Coordinate the revalidation of plant PHAs.
- Facilitate PHAs for plant changes when required and PHA revalidations.
- Participate in Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs) at the plant.
- Assist with the review of proposed plant changes and provide guidance on when to conduct PHAs for plant changes.
- Participate in investigations of process safety incidents.
- Coordinate the plant’s emergency response plan.
- Participate in PSM audits at the plant.
- Coordinate the plant’s consequence risk assessment for worst-case and alternative release scenarios.
- Assist with preparation of reports as required by government, regulatory agencies, and associations.
- Keep up to date on current and pending legislation. Establish a program to share information within the plant.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS degree in engineering preferably chemical engineering.
- Candidates must have an engineering degree and PSM, PHA and MOC experience.
- Salary history and expectations
- Reason for leaving each position
- Pre-screened notes against the particular requisition
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AN ENGINEERING DEGREE AND PSM, PHA AND MOC EXPERIENCE.
Tim J. Carney
Argus Technical Services
2339 West Wisconsin Avenue
Appleton, Wisconsin 54914
Toll Free: 1-866-462-7487