This symposium serves as the crossroads for process safety where industry, academia, government agencies and other stakeholders come together to discuss critical issues of research in process safety. Experts from around the world will gather as part of this two and a half-day symposium, to share the latest information on the hottest topics aimed at making the process industry a safer place. The 2017 International Symposium of the Mary Kay O’Connor Process Safety Center will be held at the College Station Hilton Conference Center on October 24-26, 2017.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Abstracts due March 10, 2017
Call for Papers link is open now. Please click here to submit your abstracts.Last date for submission is March 10, 2017.
- Offshore Energy and Safety – Deep Water and Arctic
- Hazard Assessment
- Case Studies – Histories, Lessons Learned, Databases
- Safety Instrumented Systems
- Inherently Safer Processes – New Processes, Existing Plants, Man – Machine Interface
- Human Factors – Engineering, Behavioral Safety, Human Error
- Process Management for Safety – PS Engineering, PSM components, PSM with limited resources, Innovative Strategies for Improvement
- Fire Protection Engineering
- Safety Culture – Relationship to High Consequence/Low Probability Events
- Facility Siting – Personnel Siting
- Consequence Analysis
- LNG – Design, Experiment Evaluation, Consequence Analysis, Mitigation, Research Needs, Regulations
- Control Systems – Unusual Situation Mgmt., Safety Instrumented Systems, Integrity Levels, Reliability analysis, Reliance on SIS, Alarm Mgmt.
- Risk Assessment, Analysis and Management
- Reactive Chemistry – Predicting Reactivity, Role of Contaminants, Catalysts and Inhibitors, Case Histories, Experimental Methods
- Equipment Integrity – Design for Maintenance, Maintenance Hazard Analysis, Monitoring.