Senior / Principal Process Safety Engineer – Atkins
Atkins is one of the world’s largest global design consultancies providing technical safety services worldwide through our 200 overseas offices.
Our Oil and Gas Division is a leading independent supplier of engineering and specialist services to the Oil and Gas industry, and we have been providing solutions to the Oil and Gas sector since 1975.
We provide consultancy services across a wide range of disciplines and facilities covering offshore, terminals, refineries, petrochemical plants and pipelines. We work on some of the most exciting and varied projects in the sector and have a proven track record of providing quality technical support.
We are looking for experienced Principal Technical Safety and Process Safety Engineers with the following attributes to join our Houston Office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and developing local client relationships with the major operators and engineering companies that are our core business.
- Assignments will include project support, ongoing asset safety support or local client secondments
- Liaison with other groups and departments within Atkins to provide an integrated solution to the client, which includes process, dynamic simulation, structural, CFD, reliability, environmental, human factors.
- Lead as a Project Manager on a variety of projects, in charge of a team of engineers and reporting directly to the HSE Manager.
- You will have proven business and technical skills will enable you to contribute to developing the numerous business activities that Atkins provides to the Oil and Gas industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (Chemical, Mechanical, Safety Risk Engineer)
- Substantial offshore, terminal or refinery experience (7+yrs)
- Professional Engineering License preferred
- Strong business development/management skills
- Experienced project and line manager
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills
- The successful candidate must have proven technical competence in undertaking and delivery risk analysis and risk management, with demonstrated strong skills in the following:
- PHA facilitation (What if, HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, SILetc.)
- Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA)
- Consequence modeling of hydrocarbon release, dispersion, fires and explosions. In addition to having up to date knowledge and practical experience of software used to support consequence modeling.
- Safety and Risk Management
- Safety Case/COMAH reporting
- Authoring ALARP documentation
- Consequence Modeling
- Safety Case/COMAH reporting
- Self-motivating, with the ability to supervise a team of safety engineers
- Understands projects, operations & integrity interfaces with a good appreciation of client’s business risk drivers
- 15-25 days Paid Vacation
- 8 days paid public holidays
- 8 days paid sick leave
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- There may a requirement for you to occasionally travel to other company/client sites (both locally and internationally)
- Preferred candidates will have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer