Senior / Principal Reliability Engineer – Atkins
Atkins provides unrivalled resources – and we want you to be one of them.
The Energy business of Atkins has been providing engineering solutions to the Oil & Gas industry since 1975. As the world’s fourth largest global design consultancy, we provide services across a wide range of disciplines and applications covering fixed and floating offshore structures, terminals, refineries, petrochemical plants and pipelines.
As part of our global growth strategy to become the world’s leading infrastructure consultancy, we are always on the lookout for Reliability Engineers that are interested in becoming a member of our team.
As a Reliability Engineer based in our Houston office, you will be working within a multi-disciplinary team focused on developing optimum business solutions for our Oil and Gas industry clients. You will be expected to have strong analytical skills which will be used both within the Reliability Group and in support of other departments within the wider Atkins Health, Safety, Environmental and Reliability (HSE&R) Group, as well as the other Americas Oil and Gas Division groups (process, structures, engineering and subsea, and FMS / GIS).
Your proven business and technical skills will enable you to contribute to developing the numerous business activities that Atkins provides to the Oil and Gas industry. You will:
- Act as a Project Manager on a variety of projects, including new project support and support to existing assets.
- Work with our Principal Engineers to develop integrated solutions for clients that will require you to liaise with other departments within Atkins such as safety, process, structural, dynamic simulation, CFD, human factors and environment.
- Support the Principal Engineers in project work, ongoing client consultancy activities as well as possible secondments into our client offices.
- In addition, we have an extensive overseas client base and there would be opportunities for you to use your skills and experience in support of our International Clients and overseas Oil & Gas offices.
- You will be a vital member of our team and as such you will be encouraged to develop your technical skills as a Project Manager to effectively lead small teams of other engineers and gain the experience necessary to take the next step to becoming a Principal or Chief Engineer.
- You will be required and train and develop junior staff
Your assignments will predominantly be conducted from our Houston office, but may require communication/liaison with major operators and engineering contractors, globally. You will be expected to prepare and deliver reports and presentations in a concise and professional manner, and to participate in the preparation and submission of proposals. In support of our consultancy activities, you will be expected to travel occasionally to client offices, and participate in short term secondments as required.
Atkins is interested in candidates having the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Bachelors degree in mechanical or chemical engineering
- Minimum 8 years experience working on reliability projects in an engineering consultancy or operations environment, preferably in the Oil and Gas sector.
- PR preferred
The successful candidate will have experience in the application of reliability methods and techniques including:
- Statistical Data Analyses
- Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analyses
- Root Cause Failure Analyses
- Reliability Centered Maintenance
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Analysis
- Fault Tree Analyses
- Reliability Simulation Modeling
The candidate should have familiarity with recognized industry standards relating to reliability assurance and SIL analysis such as IEC 61508 and 61511, and be familiar with common software applications such as AvSIM or MAROS used in reliability analyses.
The candidate will be:
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
- Articulate, at ease when liaising with clients and when delivering presentations
- Inquisitive, keen to understand the underlying causes which determine a process
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Reliable, consistent and mature approach to work
- Able to accept responsibility for own work and the checking of others’ work
- Flexible in working hours when required
- 15-25 days Paid Vacation
- 8 days paid public holidays
- 8 days paid sick leave
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- There may a requirement for you to occasionally travel to other company/client sites (both locally and internationally)
- Preferred candidates will have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer