ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Process Safety Practice Certificate is a program that allows professionals in industry to gain a greater knowledge of process safety. This program was created for those industry professionals who want a more in-depth study of process safety.
The application period for this certificate is always open.
Upon completion of the program requirements, participants will be issued a certificate. The application and worksheet below will assist you with keeping track of your credits earned.
COST OF CERTIFICATE
The approximate cost to complete the certificate is $5,400-$6,470.
Approximate online completion cost is $5,400 by enrolling in three online SENG courses.
1 day course: $495 (7 PDHs)
2 day course: $990 (14 PDHs)
3 day course: $1,485 (21 PDHs)
Semester long SENG Courses: $1,800 (42 PDHs)
Applicants must meet and adhere to the following requirements and guidelines:
- Submit Application and register for courses
- Obtain a “C” or better in online SENG course taken toward achievement of the certificate.
- Complete and submit the coursework sheet within a three-year timeframe.
CAN I EARN MY CERTIFICATE FULLY ONLINE?
The certificate can be earned fully online via our SENG courses. These courses are semester long with assignments corresponding with the academic TAMU SENG courses.
HOW DO I EARN MY CERTIFICATE?
The certificate requires 125 Professional Development Hours (PDH’s) for completion within a three-year timeframe. Continuing Education (CE) courses are offered on-site at training facilities in Houston, Texas, and through the center’s International Annual Symposium in College Station, Texas. There are multiple CE and online class options which enable applicants to focus their studies on a specific topic area.
Two Required Courses | Online only
- SENG 655: Process Safety Engineering 42 PDHs
And one of the following:
- SENG 660: Quantitative Risk Analysis — Spring only 42 PDHs
- SENG 430: Risk Analysis Engineering — Fall only 42 PDHs
Electives | Online only
- SENG 680: Industrial Hygiene Engineering — Fall only 42 PDHs
- SENG 674: System Safety Engineering — Spring only 42 PDHs
- SENG 670: Industrial Safety Engineering — Fall only 42 PDHs
- SENG 677: Fire Protection Engineering 42 PDHs
MKOPSC Symposium — Oct 5-7, 2022 42 15.25
MKOPSC Ethics – at International Symposium only 1 PDHs