Areas of Expertise
Center researchers have in-depth knowledge and experience in these areas:
The Center can provide expertise to assist in reducing the undesired effects to an acceptable level by suggesting changes in the process design, operating specifications, and maintenance procedures.
Services include but are not limited to:
- Independent incident investigation and analysis
- Advice and consulting
- Risk Assesment/Management
The Center has provided counsel to federal, state and local governmental agencies, as well as corporate boards and industrial industries.
Areas of expertise in experimental safety
The Center houses six laboratories with state of the art equipment, which enables Center researchers to conduct research and to setup tailored experiments and develop safer processes, equipment, techniques, tools, procedures and management strategies to minimize losses.
Aerosols, Mists, and Dust Explosions
Flammability, Fire and Explosion
Large Scale LNG Experiments
Corrosion and Materials Safety
State-of-the-Art lab equipment includes:
- Reaction Calorimetry & In-situ FTIR Analysis (RC1e)
- Automatic Pressure Tracking Adiabatic Calorimeter (APTAC)
- 36-L vessel for dust explosion testing Contact the Center for more information.
Contact the Center for more information: