To develop a Strategic Risk Communication Guidance for the Mary Kay O’Connor Process Safety Center to increase the understanding of hazards, prevention and mitigation measures, and risk by the general public as it relates to beneficially using chemicals, but managing associated risks to an acceptable level.
- Frame the role of the MKOPSC regarding public education on risk affiliated with manufacturing sites.
- Align the role with the MKOPSC Vision – To be an international leader in minimizing losses within the process industry – through safer processes, management, equipment, and procedures.
- Frame the messages regarding risk, zoning and greenbelt management that MKOPSC desires to communicate.
- Identify stakeholders
- Identify the channels for communication to each stakeholder group.
- Dr. M. Sam Mannan, Executive Sponsor
- Kathy Shell, Team Leader / Facilitator
- Dr. Stewart Behie, Steering Committee Representative
- Kelly Keim, Steering Committee Representative
- Liz McDaniel, Steering Committee Representative
- Bill Ralph, Steering Committee Representative
- Karen Study, Technical Advisory Committee Representative
- Roy Sanders, Technical Advisory Committee Representative
- Dow Chemical Approach to Greenbelt Management, K. Study 2015 White Paper
- White Paper on Risk Governance Towards and Integrated Approach, International Risk Governance Council 2005
- USEPA 550-F-96-004, Chemical Accident Prevention and the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990 Risk Management Program (RMP) Guidance Manual – Chapter 11, Risk Communication
- Dr. Sam Mannan’s message in the Q4 2015 MKOPSC Newsletter
|Executive Sponsor||Dr. M. Sam Mannan|
|Team Leader / Facilitator||Kathy Shell|
|Steering Committee Representative||Dr. Stewart Behie|
|Steering Committee Representative||Kelly Keim|
|Steering Committee Representative||Liz McDaniel|
|Steering Committee Representative||Bill Ralph|
|Technical Advisory Committee Representative||Karen Study|
|Technical Advisory Committee Representative||Roy Sanders|